This post is also available in german/deustch
Yay it´s strawberry cake time!!
Hello everyone, finally the first local strawberries are ready. Sweet and juicy and so beautiful. It´s the best time to bake a delicious strawberry cake. The cake is made from a mixture of buckwheat and wheat flour. Fresh eggs from my chickens, vegetable butter and sugar. If you are vegan, you can simply replace the eggs with an egg substitute.
It’s moist, rich, and buttery, and the buckwheat gives it a bit of earthy depth that really compliments the butter. This cake is a great canvas for a myriad of toppings and would go well with sliced citrus, blackberries, peaches, chocolate, whatever your preference might be! I love this cake.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Strawberry Cake with Vanilla frosting
- 80 g buckwheat flour
- 100 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80 g cane sugar
- 220 g plant based butter very soft
- pinch of salt
- 4 organic eggs room temperature or egg replacement
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 200 ml of cold heavy cream. vegan portion soy cream or coconut
- 250 g fresh strawberries
- springform 18cm
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 18 cm springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Beat soft butter and sugar until it becomes creamy. For 2-3 minutes, until well combined and creamed. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Or add egg replacement.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flours, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 35-40 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely, then remove from pan.
- Place the cream, vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread the cream over the top of the cake. Top with strawberries and serve!
We hope you like the cake as we do.