A delish and healthy spinach soup with potatoes, leek, rice and yellow lentils. It taste so good, we serve this soup with fresh herbs and barber mint oil.
Leave us a comment on the blog!
If you try spinach soup recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it.
Spinach soup with yellow lentils, leek and potatoes
- 8 tbsp oil
- 10-15 g dried barberries
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried peppermint
- 2 white onions finely chopped
- 200 g leeks
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of good curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Nutmeg zest
- 250 g potatoes
- 180 g yellow lentils
- 70 g basmati rice
- 125 g baby spinach leaves
- 30 g fresh coriander
- approx. 1.5 L hot water
- In a small non-stick pan, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and gently fry the barberries, then add the finely chopped garlic and let it take color. Now add the mint and fry it too.
- Then take the pan off the heat and set everything aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the sliced onions and finely chopped leek. Add turmeric, pepper, curry powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and fry a little. Then deglaze with the hot water. Stir in the peeled and cut potatoes, the washed rice and the rinsed lentils.
- Simmer everything until the potatoes, rice and lentils are done.
- Now add the finely chopped spinach and coriander and turn off the stove.
- Let everything go a little.
- If necessary, add hot water and season with sea salt.
- Arrange the spinach soup in pretty plates and drizzle with the barberry and mint oil.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.