The best lentil stew with potatoes, leek and celery.
Lentil stew with potatoes, leek, and celery
Servings 4 servings
- 200 g brown lentils
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 celery bulb
- 1/2 leek
- 2 predominantly waxy potatoes
- 1-1.3 L vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Put the lentils in a colander and wash well.
- Peel onions and cut them into fine pieces. Carrot, celery, clean and cut into fine cubes. Clean the leek well and cut into fine rings. Peel the potatoes and also dice them.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and fry briefly. Add the carrots, celery and lentils, stir briefly and then deglaze with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Now add the leek, potatoes and bay leaf and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid closed. Stir occasionally.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and a dash of red wine vinegar.
- Serve with chives rolls.
Leave us a comment on the blog!
If you try this recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it.
For Instagram: Tag your picture with @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.