This is an easy and super delicious lemon cake, with sliced almonds and lemon glaze. Enjoy!
Lemon cake with almonds and lemon glaze
Servings 1 cake
- 150 g softened butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 250 g wheat flour or spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp grated lemon
- 1 handful of sliced almonds
FOR THE GLAZE
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 g powdered sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a loaf tin (length 25 cm) with baking paper. Briefly mix the butter, sugar and lemon juice with the mixer in the food processor. Add the eggs one by one.
- Mix flour, baking powder and lemon zest together. Mix with the butter-sugar mixture, adding 3 tablespoons milk if necessary. Pour into the mold and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 45 minutes. Cover the cake with baking paper after about 30 minutes so that it doesn't get too dark.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar until the glaze is nice thick.
- For more juiciness, carefully prick the cake several times with a fork while it is still warm and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Let the cake cool and sprinkle with the frosting.