This post is also available german/deutsch.The nice thing about the otherwise rather flat winter is that the super delicious citrus fruits can be bought everywhere. Ranging from lemons to oranges, blood oranges and clementines and many more.
Today we want to introduce you to a moist orange pistachio cake, we used juicy oranges from Sicily.
The cake goes really well with a well-made coffee and of course with a glass of fresh mint tea or chai latte.
Just give it a try, you will see it is a blast!
Easy cake recipe
The cake is easy to make and so quickly. First, mix the eggs, spices and sugar until frothy. The hand mixer is sufficient here. Then briefly add the butter and then add the dry ingredients, orange juice and rose water. Mix until everything is soft, but don´t overmix the dough. Pour in the spring pan, sprinkle with almonds and bake! So easy!
More delicious Orange recipes!
- Orange Easter Bread. (vegan)
- Orange almond cake | moist & easy cake recipe
- Orange Poppy Seed Pancakes (vegan)
- Mini bundt cakes with oranges, chocolate drops & cinnamon
ORANGE PISTACHIO CAKE WITH ROSE WATER
70 g of sugar
125 g soft butter
Zest of 2 organic oranges
5 cardamom capsules, grounded
60 ml rose water
100 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
100 g of flour
100 g soft wheat semolina
1 tbsp baking powder
35 g ground pistachios
1 handful of sliced almonds
150 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
80 g of sugar
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a 20 cm springform pan and sprinkle with a some semolina. Mix the flour, semolina, baking powder and pistachios.
Beat the eggs, sugar, orange zest and cardamom until fluffy in a mixing bowl.
Then add the butter. Now stir in the flour mixture, rose water and orange juice.
Pour the mixture into the mold, sprinkle with almond leaves and bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the syrup.
Bring the juice to the boil with the sugar and let it boil for 15 minutes. Put aside.
Take the finished cake out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Pour the syrup evenly over the top, let it soak in and then remove the cake from the mold.
Let it cool down and let it sit overnight.
If you try this Orange pistachio cake or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Orange pistachio cake with rosewater
- 2 eggs
- 70 g of sugar
- 125 g soft butter
- Zest of 2 organic oranges
- 5 cardamom capsules grounded
- 60 ml rose water
- 100 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100 g of flour
- 100 g soft wheat semolina
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 35 g ground pistachios
- 1 handful of sliced almonds
- 150 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 80 g of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a 20 cm springform pan and sprinkle with a some semolina. Mix the flour, semolina, baking powder and pistachios.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, orange zest and cardamom until fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Then add the butter. Now stir in the flour mixture, rose water and orange juice.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, sprinkle with almond leaves and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the syrup.
- Bring the juice to the boil with the sugar and let it boil for 15 minutes. Put aside.
- Take the finished cake out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Pour the syrup evenly over the top, let it soak in and then remove the cake from the mold.
- Let it cool down and let it sit overnight.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.
[…] English […]
[…] English […]
I tried this recipe, and we LOVED it.
As my cardamom capsules were entire, I mixed It in a blinder, with the pistachios, the orange zests the flour and semolina. I also poured less butter (margarine for me) and way less rose water: mine might be much more concentrated than yours, because 1 tea spoon was enough and I think otherwise, it would have been too much.
It tasted so good… Every bite is like an invitation to dream and travel… Big success, my family already asked me to make it again!
Thank you so much
Awe!! Thank you so so much for your lovely feedback! Really happy that you and your family love the recipe!
Happy new week. 🙂
This is great, I just loved it. I am glad I tried this. Thank You for sharing this.
Awe thank you so so much! So glad that you like it!
Recipe looks beaut! How would you make this vegan? 😊
Just finished making this cake… LOVELY ,the aromas when baking are mouthwatering.I replaced some of the pistachios with macadamia nuts has I did not have enough, we could not wait to try, was lovely warm. Super recipe, I deal after a curry, not to sweet. Mo Watts… Bulgaria