This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Today there is a delicious matcha-almond cake! Just the green is a blast, I think. Are you matcha lover or hater? If you do not belong to the category lover. Give the cake a chance anyway. The Matcha taste is only light and actually only gives the cake its great color. And green tea is known to be very healthy. Double plus.
- Matcha: There are real differences when it comes to Matcha. Make sure that you use a high quality powder. Good ingredients get the best results.
- ground almonds: I used blanched ground almonds for this cake. They have a sweeter taste and don’t make the dough too dark.
- Olive oil: ideally extra virgin olive oil
- Eggs: Always organic (Demeter) or preferably from their own chickens or directly from the farmer.
For the cake, first we mix the dry ingredients and the liquid ingredients separately. Then we add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and stir everything with a spoon. That is quite enough. Then put in the cake tin and bake.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS MATCHA RECIPE!
Matcha almond cake
125 ml extra virgin olive oil
120 ml almond milk, unsweetened
2 organic eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
165 g ground almonds, blanched
80 g spelt flour
100 g of sugar
2 tbsp high quality matcha powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1-2 drops of bitter almond oil
20 cm round baking pan
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease the baking pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
Place the oil, almond milk, eggs and vanilla in a measuring cup and mix.
Put almonds, flour, sugar, baking powder, matcha powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
Now add the liquid to the flour mixture and stir.
Put the dough in the baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Perform a stick test.
Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then remove from the mold and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
If you try this Matcha almond cake or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Matcha almond cake with olive oil
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 120 ml almond milk unsweetened
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 165 g ground almonds blanched
- 80 g spelt flour
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 tbsp high quality matcha powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 drops of bitter almond oil
- 20 cm round baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease the baking pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Place the oil, almond milk, eggs and vanilla in a measuring cup and mix.
- Put almonds, flour, sugar, baking powder, matcha powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Now add the liquid to the flour mixture and stir.
- Put the dough in the baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Make stick test.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then remove from the mold and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.