This post is also available in german
I am waiting eagerly for spring, winter is long and cold this year. 2 days ago it snowed again and I hope it was the last rearing of the winter. The little birds are already waiting for the spring, sun and the first lush green. As long as I wait I stand in the kitchen and bake this yummy orange easter bread. It became soft, juicy and fruity just as I loves it. Yeast wreath (Hefezopf in german) already existed when I was very small. My grandma always baked orange easter bread for us, I remember the taste very well.
Sweet Orange Easter bread is a typical pastry that we always have at Easter. This year it will give my orange easter bread. I love the combination of biscuit and orange.
Leave us a comment on the blog!
If you try this recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it.
Orange Easter Bread. (vegan)
- 500 g wheat flour
- 50 g of sugar
- ½ yeast cube 20 g
- 200 ml lukewarm milk oat, almond, rice
- 80 g soft vegan butter
- 100 g candied peel finely chopped
- 70 g raisins
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Zest from 1 Organic Orange
- Dissolve the yeast and 1 tbsp sugar in warm milk. Not hot!
- Knead flour, candied peel, raisins, butter and milk mixture well in the food processor.
- Cover in a warm place for 30 minutes. Knead again.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll to strands and braid into a braid. Put on a sheet and shape into a wreath. See pictures
- Cover and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C
- Bake the bread for about 40 minutes (if you like, brush the bread with egg yolk, if you are vegan use soy milk)
- Allow bread to cool completely.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice and pour over the wreath.
- Sprinkle orange zest over it.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.