Hi there, what you say about super licious Cherry Almond Pie Bars? Super idea, oh yes this is exactly what I think about it. These Bars are super easy to make and you need only few ingredients. Let´s start.
You will love it, they are
full of cherries
& perfectly for granny´s coffee table
- 112 g vegan butter,
- 50 g organic cane sugar
- 170 g unbleached all-purpose flour*
- pinch salt
- 700 g frozen cherries
- 1 small lemon, zested + juiced
- 2 tbso flour
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- raw slivered almonds
- For the crust add all ingredients + 2 tbsp cold water in a mixing bowl and form to a dough, 1 minute.
- Transfer dough to baking dish and dust the surface with flour. Use your hands to press the dough into the dish until flat and uniform.
- Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Bake crust for 20 minutes, on 175 degree, or until golden brown. Let cool, but leave the oven on.
- In the meantime, prepare filling. Add all filling ingredients except almonds to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring the berries, for about 6 minutes or until the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from heat and pour over the baked crust. Top with slivered almonds and bake for another 30 minutes, or almonds are slightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely
* You can make the dough also with gluten free flour.
* Inspired by Dana minimalistbaker