This post is also available in german/deutsch.Once the heat disappears I prefer porridge for breakfast. I am totally on oatmeal and they are super healthy. Lots of iron, zinc, folic acid, vitamin E, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, copper, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. A superfood of the old school.
You can also use earl grey or chocolate tea from yogi tea. Or use your own favorite tea.
If you try this spicy chai porridge or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Spicy Chai Porridge
- 1-2 tea bags of spicy chai
- 550 ml of vegetable milk
- 400 water
- 150 g oat groats
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Raisins - optional
- coconut blossom syrup or maple syrup
- Heat the milk in a small sauce pot until just scalding, remove from the heat, add the tea bag, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in water, oat groats, flaxseeds and raisins.
- Bring to boil. Cover the pot reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the porridge is creamy.Add more milk if necessary.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour in bowl and top with fruits and coconut or maple syrup
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.