This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Hi lovely friends. Are you already in Christmas mood? In few weeks we have christmas and we will have in this time lots of yummy cookies like these soft molasses cookies. These cookies are chewy and so good with all their spices. You can eat with hot chocolate, coffee or a cup of black tea.
You might also like these cookies!
- Vegan Banoffee Cookies
- Vegan Chewy Almond Cookies
- Chocolate Nutmeg Cookies (vegan)
- Chocolate Cookies
- Black & White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These soft molasses cookies are:
easy to make
perfect for the Christmas season
If you try this soft molasses cookies or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Soft molasses cookies
- 280 g spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 145 g light brown sugar
- 170 g vegan butter softened
- 60 ml molasse
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 50 g sugar to roll up
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Put aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer beat the butter and (brown) sugar together at high speed until creamy.
- Add the sugar beet syrup. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for about 1 minute. Scratch the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the moist ingredients at low speed.
- The cookie dough is slightly sticky. Cover the dough with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and leave to cool for at least 1½ hours and for up to 2-3 days.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C
- Lay the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge. If the cookie dough is chilled for more than 2 hours, let it stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- The cookies should not be too cold in the oven. Roll 1 tablespoon into balls and roll into granulated sugar. Put on the baking tray and cook for 10 minutes. or until the surface is scrawny bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before placing them on a wire rack, then allow to cool completely.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.
These cookies are stunning, Kathrin! I love the holiday lights in the background. Beautiful photography, as always!
[…] English […]