This post is also available in german/deutsch.When I think on cake I always think on apple pie! It´s my favorite and I´m really happy about autumn because it´s calls for new apples. Red, green or yellow. Sour, sweet, flowery. This Cookie sheet Apple Pie recipe with vanilla is so good and we never want to miss it.
If you try this Cookie sheet Apple Pie or one of our other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank yo
Cookie sheet Apple Pie recipe with vanilla
- 250 g flour
- 125 g vegan butter cold
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp very cold water
- 5-6 sour apples pulled and cut in wedges
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 handful of raw slivered almonds
- Place the flour, butter and sugar into a large, clean bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, working as quickly as possible to prevent the dough becoming warm.
- Add the water to the mixture. Using a cold knife, stir until the dough binds together. Add more cold water a teaspoon at a time if the mixture is too dry.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill for a minimum of 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Add apples in a bowl and mix with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, flour and lime juice. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough and place the dough in a baking form.
- Add the apples and fold the dough over the apples.
- Top with almonds and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
Serve with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.
Tips for Making the Best Shortcrust Pastry
- Keep Your Ingredients Cool: If the butter or lard warms up too much (on a hot day, for example), then pop it in the refrigerator from time to time.
- Use a Cool Work Surface: Roll pastry on a cool surface (a marble slab is perfect), dusted with flour.
- Work Quickly: Don’t dawdle when making pastry. Working quickly makes lighter pastry as the lard or butter doesn’t have time to get too warm, making the pastry greasy and heavy. This is another good reason to make sure you have assembled all your ingredients and equipment.
- Rest, Rest, and Rest Again: Once the pastry dough is made it must be wrapped in plastic wrap or grease-proof paper and rested in the refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes. Resting allows time for the gluten (proteins) in the dough to relax. If you attempt to roll the dough as soon as you have mixed it, it is like trying to roll a sheet of elastic. It will roll, but seconds later shrinks back. Likewise, once rolled, rest the pastry again. If you cook pastry that has been rolled and not rested it will shrink in the oven.
- Use a Hot Oven: Always put pastry into a preheated, hot oven (425 F / 220 C / Gas 7). If the oven is too cool the pastry will melt rather than cook.
Happy day and I looking forward to your apple pies and your feedback! Don´t forget to tag me on Instagram and use the #klarasfood .
Recipe & Images: Kathrin