Although it is still summer but I feel somehow close to autumn. The chilly evenings and the freshness of the morning strengthened me. I love the summer, but when it’s too hot, my appetite and the craving for food go towards zero. At the cooler temperatures it is quite different. The cakes or the stew tastes twice as good.
Raspberry pull apart bread with cinnamon dust
- 300 ml of milk lukewarm! (optional oat milk)
- 90 g of soft vegan butter
- 475 g flour (type 550)
- ½ dice fresh yeast
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 organic egg* or vegan egg (but has not yet been tried)
- Raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Pour the flour into a mixing bowl, make a trough, add the yeast into the crumbs and add about 50 ml of warm milk + a pinch of sugar, mix briefly and cover with flour. Leave for 5-10 minutes. Add egg, sugar the remaining lukewarm milk and soft butter. Knead the dough for several minutes to form a smooth soft dough. The dough should not be too sticky.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and leave it in a warm place for about 1 hour until the dough has doubled.
- See pictures:
- Roll on a well-floured baking paper.
- Cut into 5 strips.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp of raspberry jam or jam of your choice.
- Cut into 5-6 square-shaped rectangles.
- Place the rectangles in the baking tray and rest for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees. Sprinkle the cake with butter flakes and cinnamon - sugar mixture.
- Bake on the middle for 25 minutes. If it gets too dark, cover with baking paper.
- Leave to cool for 20-30 min.
*I use only organic eggs. Most of the eggs come from my own chickens. So please look for organic eggs too. Chickens loves to be outside.