This post is also available in german/deutsch
Hello everyone, back from the mountains and with lots of beautiful memories in my heart I will show you my favorite breakfast recipe at the moment. Bircher Muesli 2.0. 2.0? Yes it´s a new & better version from my old recipe. More yummy and healthy as well. In any case, I hope you enjoy it. I prefer to put all the ingredients in a slightly larger bowl so it can be mixed better the next day and it does not overflow. Because you must add yogurt at the next morning.
I mostly start rubbing the apple and add the remaining ingredients. Do not worry about the liquid that gets absorbed by the oatmeal and seeds. The amount is enough for about 3 portions and keeps very well in the fridge. The yoghurt gives Bircher muesli creaminess. You can use soy yoghurt, Greek yogurt or 1.5% fat yoghurt. I mostly add 1.5% fat yoghurt in my Bircher muesli.
Serve with fruits and nut butter.
Bircher Muesli - easy to make
- 140 g of rolled oats
- 400 ml of plant based milk
- 3 tbsp of flaxseed
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 handful nuts chopped (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts)
- 8 tbsp of yogurt
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 small apple grated
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Rub the apple in a bowl and drizzle with a lemon juice.
- Add rolled oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and mix with milk.
- Over and let it soak overnight.
- The next morning stir in the yoghurt.
- Serve with berries and nut butter.