This post is also available in german/deutsch.hey there! In 4 weeks is Christmas. Yay, I’m very happy. And you gotta start baking cookies early enough. The walnut cookies remind me of my childhood, my grandmother always baked them for me. I have made them healthier and vegan. And for the first time I baked with xylitol. Do you know xylitol or have you ever baked with xylitol?
Xylitol is a great alternative to sugar. It is very healthy and can reduce the caries risk. But what is xylitol? It is 100% made of renewable raw materials. You can use it 1: 1 like sugar. Or you can use light brown sugar too.
The chocolate Ganache fits so great and is sooo delicious. Use dark milk-free chocolate (vegan). Otherwise, you can also take any other dark chocolate. I’ve already made the cookies with chili chocolate. The madness! I’ve tried several ganache recipes, but this one is the best.If you try this walnut cookies or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Walnut Cookies with Chocolate Ganache
- 50 g walnuts finely chopped
- 100 g xylitol or light brown sugar
- 280 g flour
- 170 g vegan butter soft
- 60 g dark chocolate finely chopped / grated, vegan
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 120 g unsweetened plain almond milk 1/2 cup
- 230 g dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped 1 1/4 cups
- 113 g vegan butter softened
- 50-100 g powdered sugar
- Beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add flour, cinnamon, chocolate, walnuts and knead with hands to a smooth dough.
- Place in a wrapping film and allow to cool for 4 h. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Roll on a floured working surface. Cut out cookies and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Add chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.Add almond milk in a small saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Pour over the mixing bowl and don’t touch for 2 minutes so it can melt.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon to incorporate, then add softened butter and cover. Let rest untouched for another 10 minutes to meld. Stir. Add the ganache in the refrigerator and chill 1 hour.
- Use your mixer to beat the mixture together. Then add 50 g powdered sugar, mix again.
- Spread a cookie with ganache and place the other cookie on top. Continue until all cookies are used up.
- You can use a piping bag for place the ganache on the cookies.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.