This post is also available in german/deutschMMMh the smell of fresh cookies is in the house. I love this cosy season and I love to bake x mas cookies. Every year I`m in the kitchen to prepare different cookies. Few new recipes and few favorite old recipes.
This Linzer Star Cookie recipe is one of my fav recipe, they taste so good to a cup of tea or to a coffee.
They have a nutty flavor through almond flour and I have used yellow wheat flour. If you do not get the flour you can use all-purpose flour. Yellow wheat is an old grain variety. Carotene and lutein contained in the grain (vitamin A). Yellow wheat flour has a yellow color and is firm. Already during the production of dough, a high quality of the flour is established.
The flour and grain come from my immediate surroundings from a farmer. I love something like that.
To the flour I add, almond flour, coconut sugar. Approx. 3-4 tbsp. I do not take so much sugar, the jam is still between the cookies. Cold vegan butter, a yolk, salt and 1 tbsp cold water.
I use only organic eggs!!
Knead the dough, cool for 40 minutes and roll out on a floured surface.
Cut out, all uniform and then take a small shape ( I use a star ) for the hole. Bake and spread with jam. I use my home made raspberry jam with a pinch of baked apple spice. ahh so good and not only to the cookies. On bread or into porridge, yum.
If you try these linger stars or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Linzer Stars with homemade raspberry jam, x - mas is around the corner
- 125 gr yellow wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 125 gr almond flour
- 125 gr cold vegan butter
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- raspberry jam with baked apple spice
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180degree.
- Flour, almonds, butter and sugar in a bowl to knead a dough.
- Wrap in a wrapping film and refrigerate for 40 min.
- Roll the dough onto a flour dusted surface.
- Cut out and then one half of the biscuits with a smaller cookie cutter out a hole.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 8 minutes. They should not be too dark.
- Leave to cool and spread the bottom half with jam. Press the ejected half lightly on it and dust with powdered sugar.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.