This post is also available in german/deutschHi dear, I hope you all had a beautiful 1 advent. Slowly it gets really nice cold outside. And is the best after a long walk through the forest? Exactly, a warming beetroot potato soup. I am looking forward to it.
And the color topt also everything. I made the soup a bit more nutritious and add potatoes. Thus, it becomes a saturating main meal time. The beetroot is a real winter vegetable. It contains lots of vitamin B, folic acid and the trace element iron. So a real power soup.
For your own vegetable stock click here
Beetroot Potato Soup
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic chopped
- 500 g beetroots peeled and diced
- 500 g potato peeled and diced
- olive oil
- Bay leaf
- Salt pepper
- 700 ml -1 L of vegetable stock
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fry onion and garlic in a medium-sized pan with olive oil. Add the beetroot and sauté add the broth. Pour the bay leaf and simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add the potatoes and simmer for another 25 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Possibly. Add more stock.
- Now remove the bay leaf and with the bar mixer or the stand mixer (caution, in this case the soup to cool something, otherwise the covers because of the hot steam) puree everything fine.
- Back into the pot, salt and pepper. If no children can eat, you can add some wine.
- Serve with yoghurt and pomegranate jewels.
Enjoy this delicious beetroot potato Soup.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.