This post is also available in german/deutschHi friends, the winter has returned for a short time and so I need a warm walnut carrot chili. As you know I love stews and soups of all kinds. For a short time I love cozy socks, sweaters and hearty soups before my beloved spring comes back.I miss the spring, the winter this time was long and cold. When I feel the first spring sunbeams on my skin, that is a real sense of happiness. The air, the twittering of birds, and the fragrance of the flowering flowers is an exhilarating experience. We went for a long walk with Mara and I worked in the garden.
A wonderful meal when the spring times has a small break. Warm and energizing. I prefer to serve the dish with corn, onions and spicy pimentos.
If you try this walnut carrot chili or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Walnut carrot chili with beans
- 2 canned tomatoes a 400 g
- 2 canned kidney beans washed and drained a 400 g
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red pepper bell finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 handful Walnuts chopped
- 2 chiles chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml water or vegetable stock
- 1 piece of black chocolate
- 100 g smoked tofu diced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, chilli, tofu and garlic and then add the small cut vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, tomatos, cinnamon, bay leaf, walnuts and 100 ml of water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the dark chocolate, salt and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Stir again. Season with slat and pepper.
- Serve with corn, onions and sliced pimentos.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.