This post is also available in german/deutsch
I adore Greenkitchenstories . That`s the cutest family ever! And her cook books are awesome. This smoothie is a homage to Luise and Daniel. I switched a few ingredients, because I did´t find yummy oranges, but I think peaches work well also. And dam yes it tastes so fantastic.
I choose mixed berries; like strawberries, blackberries, red currants, cassis (black currants) and raspberries. Fresh or defrosted. Both work fine.
It is my first time, that I make sesame milk/cream. And it is really delicious and a fine alternative to oat, rice or almond milk. I´m a big fan from sesame and for me it´s a dream taste.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
- 240 g sesame seeds soaked for 6-8 hours
- 480 ml water
- 1 steel sieve mesh strainer for straining
- 2 large peaches orange fleshy peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 fresh soft dates pitted (if using dried, soak first)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 240 g berries
- In the evening, place the sesame seeds and water in a jar and let soak overnight.
- Drain the excess water and place sesame seeds and the 2 cups fresh water in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the sesame mixture through a steel sieve (the cream is too thick to run through a nut milk bag). Rinse the blender.
- Place the strained cream back in the blender and add peaches, cinnamon, dates and sea salt. Blend until smooth and thick. Mash the berries and divide them equally between 2-4 glasses. Carefully pour the smoothie over the mashed berries.
Enjoy! It`s creamy, nourish and perfect…. mmmh
Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator. haha I drink it immediately..