Of these delicious bars my childhood memories are awakened. Unfortunately they had at that time too much sugar, unnecessary additives and bad fats.
But this guess are delicious and healthy, too!! Inspired by Greenkitchenstories
Dates are rich in vitamin A, C and B, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Almonds supply many unsaturated fatty acids, minerals such as magnesium, calcium and copper, vitamins B and E.
You see this are special super treats!!
Quinoa Chocolate Squares
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 fresh soft dates pitted
- 250 g nut butter I use almond butter
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 40 g walnuts chopped
- 40 g raw pumpkin seeds
- 80 g puffed quinoa
- a handful roasted almonds coarsely chopped
- a pinch sea salt
- 100 g dark chocolate 70%
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- Melt coconut oil in a sauce pan on low heat.
- Blend the pitted dates in a food processor and add to the sauce pan together with the nut butter and grated ginger. Stir around until it all comes together and cook for just a few minutes on low heat. Remove from the heat. Add pumpkin seeds, puffed quinoa, chopped almond, walnuts and salt.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and scoop the batter into it.
- Put in the freezer and melt your chocolate. Pour the chocolate over the batter.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs and put back into the freezer until cold and firm. Cut into pieces.
- Keep in the fridge about 1 week and in the freezer about 2 month.
- Now enjoy and dreaming!
Love to see your creations on Instagram @klaraslife