This post is also available in german/deutschSince it was quite cold the last days, a potato barley stew had to come on the table. Actually, this was a “what I have in the fridge stew”. These dishes I love the most.
Potato Barley Stew with green beansPrint Pin Rate
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- ½ clove of garlic finely chopped
- 4 carrots sliced in 1 cm wide slices
- 4-5 potatoes cut into cubes
- 100 g of barley
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 handful green beans
- salt + pepper
- Optional thyme
- 600 ml vegetable broth + more if necessary
- Fry onions, bay leaf and garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain with a little water. Add carrots and potatoes and pour 600 ml vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add barley and savory and simmer at low head for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and finish cooking, about 15 minutes.
- Season salt and serve with thyme