This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Hello friends, it´s getting colder outside and we need our potato barley stew on the table. Actually, it was a “what do I have in the fridge stew”. I love these dishes the most, just look what you have and cook something delicious.Boil barley
I always prepare the barley separately and then simply add it to the soup or stew. Because when cooking, the liquid is always a bit slimy and milky. After cooking put in a sieve and rinse briefly with clear water. The barley is also ideal for a salad.
If you try this potato barley stew or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Potato Barley Stew with green beans
- 2 large white onion finely chopped
- 2 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 2 carrots sliced in 1 cm wide slices
- 400 g potatoes cut into cubes
- 100 g of barley
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 215 g handful green beans
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 700 ml vegetable broth + more if necessary
- Fry onions, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary and garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain with a little water. Add carrots and potatoes and pour 600 ml vegetable broth. Bring to a boil a cook for 30 minutes.
- Add barley and green beans and simmer at low head for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and serve with parsley.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.