This post is also available in german/deutsch.Also, let’s make soup, shall we? This simple broccoli & green pea soup includes two of my favorite vegetables. Broccoli and green peas. You can enjoy it as is, but any creamy soup calls for a crunchy garnish, am I right? And in my opinion, they totally make it. Serve it with roasted nuts and seeds and lots of delicious and healthy chopped herbs like basil or dill.
This soup it:
Packed with veggies
No soup should require more than a handful of ingredients, in my humble opinion. And this one fits the bill with 9 basic ingredients.
If you try this Broccoli & green pea soup, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Broccoli and Green Pea soup with crunchy topping
- 1 broccoli roughly chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 cup green TK peas
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 small handful of parsley
- salt and pepper
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- Sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds and or sesame, roasted
- Heat a large saucepan or pot medium heat. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp oil and shallot and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Reduce heat if garlic begins browning.
- Add the mint and remove from the heat.
- Add broccoli vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper .Simmer for 20 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Transfer soup to blender. Blend soup until creamy and smooth. Transfer back to pot and bring to medium heat and simmer.Garnish with seeds and chopped parsley and basil.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.