This post is also available in german/deutschHello! Today I serve my favorite comfort food: Veggie tofu Bolognese. So delicious and I made it a bit different this time than usual. And I have to say it tastes even better than it tasted to me anyway.
my favorite veggie tofu bolognese
- 160 g spaghetti
- ¼ celery tuber finely diced
- 1 stalk of celery finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1 small leek 5 cm
- 2 onions
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 250 g crumbed tofu
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomato
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small raw potato
- Oregano fresh
- rosemary fresh
- Finely chop onions and garlic and sauté in a large saucepan with oil and rosemary.
- Add tofu and roast until golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree and vegetables and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and canned tomato.
- Add bay leaves. Cook for 30 Minutes.
- Finely rasp the potato and stir in the sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Season the sauce and serve with basil and (vegan) cheese.
- Ramin's tip: A grated potato gives the sauce binding and makes it creamier.
- You can also add vegetable zoodles to your pasta. Like zucchini or carrots
Did you make a recipe?
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.