This post is also available in: German (Deutsch)
HoHoHo … ohhhh …. Pink Christmas? Yes sometimes it may be something pinky. I love the classics but sometimes you have to dare and try something new. So there are also pink cookies this Christmas. Yay … And behind the pink are a lot of delicious and healthy ingredients. Yes, that’s right. Healthy. Healthier than the industry stuff … ups.
Cashew nuts provide trace elements such copper and iron. Peanuts are excellent sources of vitamin B complex, vitamin E and magnesium.
Spelt flour is also a true secret weapon. It contains a variety of vital substances. Such: carbohydrates, iron, vitamin B12, vitamins A, C and E.
Trace elements: zinc, copper, manganese and silicon.
Healthy Cashew Peanutbutter Cookies
- 70 g peanut butter
- 60 g cashew butter
- 100 g vegan butter soft
- 80 g brown cane sugar
- 220 g spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg or if vegan: 1 chia egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pink pitaya powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add Butter, nut butter, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and mix it until creamy.
- Stir in egg.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and mix with the butter mixture.
- Shape into balls and press flat.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool down.
- Mix the glaze ingredients add more lemon juice if necessary and sprinkle over the cookies.
You can also use a vegan egg with 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp sweet lupin flour.
I hope you like the pink nut cookies for your x-mas table.
Recipe & Images: Kathrin