Hello there, Falafel is one of our favorite meal! And here are my green pea cashew falafels!! I use canned chickpeas, I think it makes it easy and you can make it spontaneous. I always use fresh or frozen peas. Both are fantastic. I serve the falafels with a light yogurt mint sauce. You can use plant based yogurt or dairy yogurt, what do you prefer more. And a fresh tomato cucumber salat. Sometimes I add avocados or onions.
It´s a hot day I serve the falafels in lettuce leaves. If you are more hungry, you can wrapped up in a flat bread and garnish with salad, yogurt sauce and tahini! That´s it.
I hope you will like it as I do.
Pea Cashew Falafel with yogurt mint sauce
- 1 cup canned chickpeas washed and drained
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 green onions sliced
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp buckwheat flour
- Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 1 /2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp mint grounded
- pinch of cumin
- Add the chickpeas, green peas, green onions, cashews, parsley, paprika and salt in the food processor and puree until it is fairly smooth.
- If the consistency right, add baking powder and flour and stir with your hands. Forme balls and press them to patties.
- Fry the falafels in the pan with olive oil until golden, each side 3-5 minutes.
- Serve in a lettuce leave with tomato, cucumber avocado salad, yogurt mint sauce, tahini and mushrooms.
- Yogurt Sauce
- Mix yogurt,salt and mint.
What´s your favorite falafel combination?
Text& images: Kathrin