Hello Lovelies. Today is a real bad weather. It’s already raining all day.
Somehow winter does not seem to get that way.
Well, at least I had time for you to write down the recipe for the cauliflower falafel.
They ARE MADE FASTER THAN YOU THINK.
Cauliflower falafel with smashed Potatoes
- 180 g pumpkin grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 organic eggs or egg replacement: 2 tbsp lupine powder + 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons of pumpkin seed flour
- Divide cauliflower into small pieces and mix well in a blender.
- (Similar to bread crumbs) see picture
- Fry the onions and garlic in oil, add turmeric and stir. Press out pumpkin and zucchini graters well and then add to the pan to the onions.
- Stir and fry at medium temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Sweet lupines mix flour with water in a large bowl. Add cauliflower, onion mixture, salt, chopped parsley, pumpkin seed flour and mix very well.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Form ball with 2 tablespoons or with wet hands.
- Put on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Let the falafel lightly cool on the baking sheet and then carefully loosen them with a spatula.
Serve with smashed baked potatoes and yogurt sauce.
For the potatoes: cook the desired amount of potatoes (small and unpeeled one) in the pot. Pour and put the potatoes on a baking tray and press flat with a heavy saucepan. Season with oil, salt and pepper and bake until crisp. 25 min at 200 degrees.
They are so delicious.
For the yoghurt sauce: mix 200g of natural or soy yoghurt with salt, pepper, a pinch of cumin, chopped parsley or coriander, 1 tsp chopped capers and dill. If you like, you can add a bit of lemon zest.
Ready to serve!