This post is also available in german/deutsch.Soup time !! Best time! Creamy pumpkin lentil soup is a true soup happiness. We were on the farmers market on the weekend, we also bought a lot. Like this nutmeg pumpkin! The beautiful pumpkin with the ribbed shape. Actually I’m a real fan of Hokkaido but I don´t mind a bit of variety in the kitchen.
If you try this pumpkin lentil soup or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE We would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Creamy pumpkin lentil soup with coconut milk
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - chopped
- 150 g red lentils
- 760 g of nutmeg squash - decided
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the onion and garlic.
- Add spices and sauté briefly.
- Add the pumpkin, lentils and vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the soup in a blender or mix creamy with the hand blender.
- Put back in the pot, warm and season with salt.
Serve your soup with roasted pumpkin seeds, a lil` oil flad bread and chopped parsley.