This post is also available in german/deutsch.6 ingredients and a little bit time and you got a super delicious homemade tomato sauce. Always ready to grab it from the pantry. Let´s start.We don´t use much ingredients but we use the best and we let it simmer for 2 hours. So we get a delicious and fabulous tomato sauce. You can use it for lasagna, cannelloni, spaghetti, gnocchi or for your pizza! It´s so good. I´m sure you will love it.
If you try this homemade tomato sauce or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Best homemade Tomato Sauce - Passata di pomodoro
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- ¼ piece celery tuber finely diced
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 cans tomato a 800 g
- 1 handful basil
- salt pepper sugar
- Finely chop the onions and garlic cloves. Heat 6-8 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan, cook the onions and garlic in a glassy pan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes salt, pepper and sugar and leave to boil for 2 hours in slow heat.
- Cut basil and parsley roughly add 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Blend the sauce but carefully (Do not overheat and start very slowly, heat can splatter hot liquid, risk of burning).
- Cook the sauce for a further 1.5 hours. Fill in sterilized glasses and turn it upside down for 5 minutes.
Use it as basic, for other Sauces or lasagne.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.