This post is also available in german/deutsch
Hi dear, I hope you all had a beautiful 1 advent. Slowly it gets really nice cold outside. And is the best after a long walk through the forest? Exactly, a warming beet root potato soup. I am looking forward to it.
And the color topt also everything. I made the soup a bit more nutritious and add potatoes. Thus, it becomes a saturating main meal time. The beetroot is a real winter vegetable. It contains lots of vitamin B, folic acid and the trace element iron. So a real power soup.
For your own vegetable stock click here
Beet Root Potato Soup & a frosty walkPrint Pin Rate
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic chopped
- 500 g beetroots peeled and diced
- 500 g potato peeled and diced
- olive oil
- Bay leaf
- Salt pepper
- 700 ml -1 L of vegetable stock
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fry onion and garlic in a medium-sized pan with olive oil. Add the beetroot and sauté add the broth. Pour the bay leaf and simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add the potatoes and simmer for another 25 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Possibly. Add more stock.
- Now remove the bay leaf and with the bar mixer or the stand mixer (caution, in this case the soup to cool something, otherwise the covers because of the hot steam) puree everything fine.
- Back into the pot, salt and pepper. If no children can eat, you can add some wine.
- Serve with yoghurt and pomegranate jewels.
Enjoy this delicious beet root potato Soup.