Lemon Cake is one of my favorite cake. I love the smell of this beautiful citrus fruits, her yellow color and her shape. I think she is perfect in my eyes. The cake is fluffy but also moist and it tastes lemony. yummy.
- 250 g wheat flour
- 2 organic eggs, room temperature
- 150 g plant based butter, soft
- 90 g of sugar
- Abrasion of 1 organic lemon + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 120 ml plant based milk
- 1 packet of baking soda ( g)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a bread mold and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Beat the butter until super creamy. Add eggs one by one.
- Then add the flour mixture, lemon, 1 tbsp lemon juice and milk and beat at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Fill in the tin and bake in the lower third for 45 minutes. After 15 minutes baking time, cut the dough lengthwise.
- Make chopsticks sample, if no dough gets stuck the cake is ready.
- Cool in the mold for 20 minutes and then allow to cool on a baking sheet.
For the lemon Glaze: Mix 3 tbsp powder sugar with 1 tsp lemon juice.