This post is also available in german/deutsch
Hi friends! What do you serve on christmas? No Idea? Ramin and I create a super delicious vegan christmas dinner, with creamy potato parsley celery mousse, beet root curbey, warm coleslaw and crispy golden corn fritters.
We hope you like this light and easy meal. And wishing you a lovely merry christmas.
Vegan Christmas Dinner
Celery and potato and parsley mousse
- 4 medium-sized floury potatoes
- 1/4 celery
- 80-100 ml whipped cream - vegan
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- pinch of nutmeg
- white pepper
- 1/4 cabbage
- 1 shallot
- pepper and salt
- Caraway seed
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 cl white wine
- 125 g polenta
- 400 ml of water
- 20 g Pecorino optional - or vegan cheese
- 1 tsp turmeric
- olive oil
Celery potato parsley mousse
- Dice potatoes and celeriac and cook in salted water. Then drain, mix with nutmeg, white pepper, salt and a little cream to a mousse. Chop parsley and fold in.
- Finely chop the cabbage and shallots. Add to a pan and caramelise in oil with pepper, briefly sauté a pinch of sugar, salt, a little cumin and raisins.
- Then deglaze with 2cl white wine and simmer for few minutes.
- Cook and skin the beetroot, then spin through a spiralizer.
- Mix spices.
- Slice the onions and sauté in olive oil. Add pepper and the spice mixture.
- Sauté the tomato puree briefly, deglaze with a little water and bring to a boil.
- Add Zoodles and Rose wine. Simmer and refine with 2cl cream.
- Season with raspberry vinegar to refine.
- Cook polenta in salted water until the desired consistency is achieved. Refine with Pecorino and spread out on a plate about 16 mm high. (Brownie form)
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into the desired shape. Heat some olive oil in the pan. Roast the turmeric briefly and fry the polenta pieces in it until crisp.