Cranberry cardamom cubes! Normally, cranberries are not my thing, at least until recently. But now I’ve rediscovered it for myself.
And I think they are great for the Christmas season and not just because of their pretty red color. No, they are also great in cookies and cakes.
If you don`t have cranberries at home or you do not like it, you can also use raisins or chopped dates.
What are your favorite cookies? Do you bake the same every year?
So I always bake my 1-2 favorites (you can also find one here) and then 3-4 new ones added.
So It’s never boring.
Spicy cardamom cranberry cubes
- 100 g of coconut sugar
- 200 g vegan butter soft
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 organic eggs
- 100 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 40 g cranberries chopped
- 20 g almonds chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and spices creamy with the whisk of the hand mixer or the food processor.
- Stir in the flour.
- Spread the dough in a square baking pan (23 cm) lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and almonds and bake for 20-30 minutes. Make a stick sample. If the cake is too dark, cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool and cut.
- Stored in a tin box, the cubes last about 2 weeks.
So excited about your creations! Tag me on Instagram @klaraslife so I can see your pictures.
Recipe & Images: Kathrin