This post is also available in german/deutsch.Hello friends! New day New recipe. Today I have a gorgeous and healthy recipe for you on my list. These easy and spicy lentil balls are my new favorite. They are super easy in the making and yummy yummy. We hope you will like this recipe as we do. It´s the favorite on the blog.
We love the simplicity of this recipe and not only for this one. We are always looking for it, because we want everybody have fun in the kitchen. With skills and without.
Lentils are a superfood. They have so much good ingredients. High in energy, vitamins and natural proteins. I love it. This recipe combines protein, vitamins, roughage and carbohydrates. I serve the lentil balls with rice and creamy curry sauce.
Her you can find the step by step pictures
Are you ready for these lentil balls? I´m sure you are. These recipe is also a good way for your meal prep during the week. Add it in lunch boxes and take to your work or in the university.If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Easy Lentil Balls with bell pepper Curry Sauce
- 180 g green lentils
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves in thin slices
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp Ras el Hanout spice mixture
- 5 stalks of parsley roughly chopped
- 4-5 stalks of coriander roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped or sliced
- 2-3 small bell peppers chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1½ tbsp red curry paste
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 small bunch of parsley roughly chopped
- Wash the lentils and cook until soft. Drain well. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Fry onions, garlic and spice mixture in a pan. Add the tomato puree and sauté. Add soy sauce.
- Roughly mix the cooked lentils, herbs, seasoning sauce, salt and breadcrumbs in a Moulinex. But don´t over mix.Let it rest for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
- The mass should stick together. Form balls and put on a baking sheet.
- Brush with oil and bake the lentil balls for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Fry onions, garlic and bell peppers in oil. About 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon briefly and then add the curry paste. Stir well and fry for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and soy sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add splashes of lemon.
- Carefully remove the lentil balls from the baking tray and place in the sauce.
- Serve with rice and herbs.
Happy day and good hungry!
Did you make a recipe? Leave a comment.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.