This post is also available in german/deutschFinally Weekend. Saturday is farmers market day. I love to buy vegetables, herbs and fruit. And a cup of coffee or tea. The cauliflower I’ve already been at home, the half I used for vegan cauliflower “meat” balls (the recipe follows soon) and the rest for this recipe.
If you don´t have time it`s a great recipe and a great change to tomato sauce. And bet the kids love it too?
Creamy Cauliflower Pasta Sauce
- ½ cauliflower cooked
- 250 ml vegetable broth + more
- 100 ml of plant based milk
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- ¼ tsp nut meg
- 200 g of noodles
- Fry the garlic in olive oil.
- Place the noodle water and cook the noodles (see the package guide)
- Pour cauliflower, broth, milk, garlic, salt and nutmeg into a blender. Blend for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth. If necessary add more liquide.
- The sauce should be creamy and not too thick.
- Drain the pasta and place in the pan in which the garlic was fried.
- Add cauliflower sauce and mix.
- Serve on plate and topped with chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper.
- Vegetarian: If you like add grated Parmesan
I mix my soups and sauces always in the mixer, the result is so creamy. Now with hot ingredients you have to be careful. Let it cool down and warm up again after mixing.
Do you like It?
I´m happy about your feedback.
Beautiful book with recipes and knowledge about chia seeds from my lovely friend Susanna Bingemer