This post is also available in german/deutsch.I do not say that often, maybe you can not say that, but here I can … these are really the best cookies ever. Nutty, chocolaty and caramely. Yay! Caramel Chocolate Cookie!
Today it was crisp cold, but it was beautiful in the forest. Since we have Mara, our new puppy, the daily walk in the forest or across the fields is quite self-evident and I don`t want to miss it any more. The silence well sometimes it is quite loud in the forest, twittering birds everywhere, but it is so great, juhu. And when I see Mara happy running around. She is such a love. After Christmas I always yearn for the spring. I don`t know why, we have`t even snow so far and it has only been cold for a few days. Maybe because there are already tulips and tulips are for me the total spring flowers.
I need it absolutely and that until the tulip time is over. But ohh tomorrow is New Years Eve. Do you think the year has passed quickly? 2016 was crazy, magical & I’ve met a lot of great people who I’ve put into my heart and I’m particularly happy that I’ve invested my time in my blog this year. It is so much fun, especially when I read your dear comments. THANK YOU!
We (myself and R.) will start the year change quite relaxed, with our cocktail (found great enthusiasm at Christmas) listen to music & look forward to 2017! How do you spend your New Year’s Eve? Do you have resolutions?
Caramel Chocolate Cookies
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup caramel chocolate chopped
- Add flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk.
- Melt butter over medium head. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process.
- Remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown. Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning.
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the brown butter and sugars until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined. Add the chocolate chips.
- Chill your dough for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. The dough needs to chill!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. If the dough to hard. should take outside about 20 minutes. Measure 2 heaping tablespoons of the dough. Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven! Cool the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes to allow them to set up.
- Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have great 2017! And thank you so much for your emails and comments!
Do you have already try it?
Then leave me a comment or link me on the photo at Instagram with the Hashtag #klaraslife