This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Fresh picked apples, golden sun, painted leaves, and the fragrance from burned wood… It feels like autumn and we made our delicious homemade apple butter. The time flies, but the summer has still come back some time. I love every season and can`t decide which I like more. The spring, which brings new life, flowers and fresh green. The summer with the heat, swimming in the ocean, the fruits like watermelon, cherries and strawberries. Autumn with painted leaves, fog and cosy sunday in front of the window if it rain. And the winter with snow, roasted chestnuts, christmas, cookies and walks.
The apple butter tastes delicious to porridges, pancakes or ice cream. yum!
If you try this apple butter recipe or one of our other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
- 730 g sweet apples chopped with skin
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar optional
- Add apples in a large saucepan and cook slowly until they disintegrate. This will take depending 20-40 minutes. If need add a litte bit water or apple juice. Stir. Now we have apple mash and turn off heat.
- Cool slightly and scoop into high-speed blender. This step results in super smooth apple butter. Make sure lid is secured tightly. Blend it.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and cook for another 30 minutes until it’s as thick as you desire. Keep in mind, it will still less thick after cool down. If you like add cinnamon and coconut sugar to taste.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy it.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.
[…] egg, at room temperature 60 g packed light brown sugar 60 g melted butter, slightly cooled 3 tbsp apple butter 30 ml hazelnut milk Topping: 100 g granulated sugar 1 tsp ground cinnamon 100g butter, melted alos […]