This post is also available in german/deutsch
Fresh picked apples, golden sun, painted leaves, and the fragrance from burned wood… It feels like autumn. The time flies. But the summer has still come back some time. I love every season and can`t decide which I like more. The spring, which brings new life, flowers and fresh green. The summer with the heat, swimming in the ocean, the fruits like watermelon, cherries and strawberries. Autumn with painted leaves, fog and cosy sunday in front of the window if it rain. And the winter with snow, roasted chestnuts, christmas, cookies and walks.
The apple butter tastes delicious to porridges, pancakes or ice cream. yum!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Apple Butter ,it feels like autumn (vegan)
- 11 small apples chopped with skin
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar optional
- Add apples in a large saucepan and cook slowly until they disintegrate. This will take depending 20-40 minutes. If need add a litte bit water or apple juice. Stir. Now we have apple mash and turn off heat.
- Cool slightly and scoop into high-speed blender. This step results in super smooth apple butter. Make sure lid is secured tightly. Blend it.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and cook for another 30 minutes until it’s as thick as you desire. Keep in mind, it will still less thick after cool down. If you like add cinnamon and coconut sugar to taste.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy it.