This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Sweet, fluffy and golden, yes that comes to mind when I look at these little yeast spelt buns. It was all the highest railroad and the weather was screaming for spelt buns. Well and who can say no, we definitely not! Whether with vanilla sauce, fruit compote or with jam, you can enjoy it.
The ingredients for spelt buns
Spelt flour: We used fine spelled flour, which is good for cakes and fine pastries.
Sugar: The classic sugar, but you can also choose raw cane sugar or brown sugar.This makes the Buchteln taste a little different.
Milk: Oat milk or other plant-based drinks will also work.
Butter: alternatively vegetable butter (Alsan)
Yeast: Fresh yeast or dry yeast, take half a packet here.
Egg: you can omit, possibly add a little more liquid.Personally, I think the buns get fluffier with an egg.
Leave a comment!
If you try this Eggplant Teriyaki or one of our other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it.
For Instagram: Tag your picture with @KLARASLIFE on Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Fluffy spelt buns
- 400 g fine spelt flour
- 50-60 g of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 200 ml of milk
- 110 g butter soft
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- homemade vanilla sauce to serve
- Put the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Warm milk to lukewarm. Add to the flour mixture together with 80 g butter, yeast and the egg and knead with the dough hook of the food processor for 8-10 minutes on level 2.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in volume.
- Melt the remaining butter and brush out the baking pan.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces, form a round shape and place in the mold.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat.
- Now brush the dough balls with the liquid butter and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, dust with powdered sugar and bake for another 5-8 minutes so that the powdered sugar caramelizes a little.
- Take out of the oven and serve with vanilla sauce or fruit compote.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.
[…] English […]