This post is also available in german/deutsch.
These Apple Hand Pies are a welcome present for autumn. The leaves are falling, it is cooler and you can put your beloved knitted sweaters. This is one of my favorite season. It taste so good with vanilla ice cream, coconut cream/yogurt, a cup of coffee or tea.
Apple Hand Pies
If you like it super quick use puff pastry from the supermarket. If you look closely you`ll find good produced puff pastry products. Do you want to use that: follow the instruction below.Sometimes I wonder how many are strongly opposed to finished products. There is now a wide selection of good products with very good ingredients. In primarily I love it to produce the things themselves. But every now and then when the time or the muse is missing, I use produced puff pastry. For a homemade puff pastry, I recommend this recipe from Izzy
For the filling you can also add nutmeg or vanilla.
If you try these apple hand pies or one of our other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Apple Hand Pies - fruity and so good
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold butter cut into small cubes, vegan butter
- 2-3 tbsp very cold water or more
- 2 apples peeled and diced into small bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter vegan
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 soy cream or almond milk
- Coarse or granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Add all dough ingredients in a large bowl. combine all to a homogeneous dough.
- Wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Add all ingredients in a large saucepan and mix to combine over low-medium heat. While occasionally stirring, bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to ⅛-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can. Reroll the scraps of dough and repeat.
- Transfer half of the circles to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush the edges with egg wash or water. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the filling in the center of each circle, leaving a border around the filling. Place the remaining circles on top to form a pie.
- Using a fork, crimp around the edges to seal. Cut a small x-shaped slit in the center of each pie center to let steam escape while baking.
- Brush tops with soy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Let
- cool for 15 minutes.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.