Tis post is also available in german/deutschCravings for curry? Then you are exactly right today. Aloo Gobi Hot Cauliflower Curry with many delicious and warming spices. Even with the bright yellow color you get a good mood. Or what do you think? I bought fresh flatbread today, this is used immediately for the dish but you can use rice also well.Aloo Gobi- Spicy Cauliflower Curry
1/2 cauliflower, divided into pieces
2 onions, cut into strips
4 garlic cloves, quartered
Chop 4 spring onions, white part and cut green part into strips
1 chili, finely chopped
1 cup of green frozen peas
1 cup white beans or chickpeas
Juice and zest of a 1/2 lime
Piece of ginger, walnut size
Handful of cilantro or parsley, chopped
200 ml of coconut milk
300-400ml of water
2 tbsp sunflower oil
salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp dried orange peel
1/2 tsp black sesame
2 bay leaves
rice or cooked quinoa
Thaw peas in warm water.
Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry garlic, ginger, pepper, bay leaves and chili for 5 minutes. Then add curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon and orange peel.
Add the coconut milk, water, cauliflower and beans/chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lime zest, red onions and the white part of the spring onions and switch off the stove. Let stand for 1 minute.
Finally add lime juice, parsley / cilantro and peas in the curry and arrange in bowls.
Garnish with tomatoes and spring onions (green).
Serve with rice or flatbread.
Some people love cilantro and other one hate cilantro. If you don´t like cilantro or you can´t find it at the moment you can use parsley as well. If you try this cauliflower curry or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. And if you take a picture of your meal to share it on Instagram, please don´t forget to tag @klaraslife and use the hashtag #klaraslife
Aloo Gobi- Spicy Cauliflower Curry
- 1/2 cauliflower divided into pieces
- 2 onions cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves quartered
- Chop 4 spring onions white part and cut green part into strips
- 1 chili finely chopped
- 1 cup of green frozen peas
- 1 cup white beans or chickpeas
- Juice and zest of a 1/2 lime
- Piece of ginger walnut size
- Handful of cilantro or parsley chopped
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 300-400 ml of water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- rice or quinoa
- Thaw peas in warm water.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry garlic, onions, ginger, pepper, bay leaves and chili for 5 minutes. Then add curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon and orange peel.
- Add the coconut milk, water, cauliflower and chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lime zest, red onions and the white part of the spring onions and switch off the stove. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Finally add lime juice, parsley / cilantro and peas in the curry and arrange in bowls.
- Garnish with tomatoes and spring onions (green).
- Serve with rice or flatbread.
- if you don´t like cilantro you can use parsley.
Did you make a recipe? Leave a comment.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.