Time for yet another breakfast recipe!
Once the heat disappears I prefer porridge for breakfast. I am totally on oatmeal and they are super healthy. Lots of iron, zinc, folic acid, vitamin E, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, copper, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. A superfood of the old school.
You can also use earl grey or chocolate tea from yogi tea. Or use your own favorite tea.
- 1-2 bags of spice chai yogi tea
- 250 ml of vegetable milk
- 150 g oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- Raisins optional
- coconut blossom syrup or maple syrup
- Heat the milk in a small sauce pot until just scalding, remove from the heat, add the tea bag, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the oatmeal, Flaxseeds and raisins.
- If the milk is not warm enough to cook the oats, gently heat the mix on the stove and stir until thickened, if needed add milk to thin slightly.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour in bowl and top with fruits and coconut or maple syrup
Text & Pictures: Kathrin