This post is also available in german/deutschSweet, rich poppy seed cheese cake, perfect for a leisurely sunday. Delicious shortcrust pastry, juicy filling and crunchy crumble. I love poppy seeds and I love cheesecake, I would say the perfect combination.
I use this brand for steam poppy seeds .
Vegan poppy seed cheese cake
- 125 g of flour
- 70 g of vegan butter Alsan
- 20 g of sugar
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 500 g vegan quark
- 180 g steam poppy ready to cook
- 100-120 g of sugar
- 25 g butter liquid
- 25 g cornstarch or 1/2 packet vanilla pudding powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable milk
- Abrasion of a 1/2 lemon
- 100 g of flour
- 70 g of butter
- 80 g of sugar
- 2 tbsp raisins washed
- 20 cm springform
- Quickly knead all ingredients into a dough with your hands. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Knead all ingredients with your hands to sprinkle. Put aside.
- Mix the quark, lemon, butter and sugar with the whisk. Mix vanilla pudding powder or cornstarch with milk and stir in the quark mixture.
- Then mix in the steam poppy. Who likes add raisins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured work surface. Place in the springform and press on the edge.
- Pierce the pastry tray several times with a fork. Add the poppy seeds mixture and smooth. Cover with crumble and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- If the cake turns brown, cover with baking paper.
- After the baking time, leave the cake for 15 minutes with the oven door slightly open in the oven that has been switched off. Then place the cake on a cake rack and let it cool in the mold.
- I use this poppy seed brand
- Rich in protein and soy based are the vegan quark products from Alpro.
- Also on soy based is the vegan cottage cheese from Provamel.
- Almond-based products Qvark from Hiel
Did you make a recipe? Leave a comment.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.