Broccoli Feta Quiche
I can not remember when I finished my last quiche. but now it often comes on the table. I love it to walk on saturdays over the farmer markets. All the fresh and more then less local products. I have such a few things that always attract me. This includes broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, beet root, apples, lemons and whole hazelnuts. So the broccoli wandered into my bag together with fresh onions and a bundle parsley. And farmer markets are great sources of inspirations. Often I get my ideas there. After the market we went to our fav coffee store. There we love to talk about everything, with a cup of black coffee and delicious treats like a piece of black chocolate or a slice of moroccan orange cake.
The pastry inspiration I got from greenkitchenstories. But I only changed few ingredients. I like the taste of nuts in the pastry and it fits so delicious to broccoli.
Broccoli Feta QuichePrint Pin Rate
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 90 g vegan butter
- 3-4 tbsp ice-cold water
- 1 broccoli blanched
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp dried bean weed
- 1 block feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 4 eggs
- Add flour, almond flour, chickpea flour, potato starch and sea salt to a bowl and toss until combined. Add the diced butter to the flour and use your fingers to mix the dough into a rough breadcrumb consistency.
- Add the water, little by little, and work it together into a dough. Flip it out on a floured workspace and shape it into a thick disk. If it feels crumbly, add 1-2 tbsp extra water. Gather the dough into a disk, wrap in clingfilm and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. And sauté in a pan with olive oil. 2-5 min.
- Add bean weed and broccoli flowers. Saute 5-8 minutes.
- Place the chilled dough between two baking papers and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until you got a rough circle. Carefully transfer it to a 27 cm tart pan. Trim off any excess dough then use a fork to prick it a few times.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Add onion broccoli mix and feta cheese and gently combine. Pour into the quiche crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes until golden. Serve the quiche warm.
But I have not tried it yet. Let me know how the quiche tasted. I´m looking forward to your creations.