As soon as the summer heat comes in, I eat almost exclusively from watermelons, berries, cherries or salads. Especially when it is so warm I prefer a light lunch. This salad is perfect for days like today.
Summery pearl barley Tomato Salad with grilled apricotsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup of pearl barley
- 1 Handful baby tomatoes - yellow, red orange halved
- 1 bunch of parsley - finely chopped
- 2-3 sticks of white asparagus - peeled
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2-3 apricots
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp of water
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- Simmer the pearl barley according to the instructions.
- Cut the apricots in half and fry in a grill pan.
- Cut asparagus into oblong slices and also fry.
- Add the tomatoes to a large bowl, add the finely chopped parsley, asparagus and the ready-cooked barley.
- Roast the bread in the pan or roast it in the toaster and cut it into cubes.
- Put the dressing ingredients into a closable cup and shake vigorously.
- Pour the mixture over the grains. Mix well and stir the breadcrumbs and then place them on a plate.
- Serve with apricot halves, blueberries and basil.
You can also use Farro.
weekend inspirations !!