This post is also available in german/deutsch.Hello there, Falafel is one of our favorite meal! And here are my green pea cashew falafel!! I use canned chickpeas, I think it makes it easy and you can make it spontaneous. I always use fresh or frozen peas. Both are fantastic. I serve the falafels with a light yogurt mint sauce. You can use plant based yogurt or dairy yogurt, what do you prefer more. And a fresh tomato cucumber salat. Sometimes I add avocados or onions.
It´s a hot day I serve the falafels in lettuce leaves. If you are more hungry, you can wrapped up in a flat bread and garnish with salad, yogurt sauce and tahini! That´s it.
I hope you will like it as I do.
If you try this pea cashew falafel or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Pea Cashew Falafel with yogurt mint sauce
- 1 cup canned chickpeas washed and drained
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 green onions sliced
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp buckwheat flour
- Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 1 /2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp mint grounded
- pinch of cumin
- Add the chickpeas, green peas, green onions, cashews, parsley, paprika and salt in the food processor and puree until it is fairly smooth.
- If the consistency right, add baking powder and flour and stir with your hands. Forme balls and press them to patties.
- Fry the falafels in the pan with olive oil until golden, each side 3-5 minutes.
- Serve in a lettuce leave with tomato, cucumber avocado salad, yogurt mint sauce, tahini and mushrooms.
- Yogurt Sauce
- Mix yogurt,salt and mint.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.