This post is also available in: German (Deutsch)
Today I’ll show you how fast and easy Dukkah is. Dukkah is a spice blend from Egypt that consists of nuts, seeds and spices. Tastes great on soups and salads, roasted beetroot, dips or simply flatbread and olive oil.
How I make Dukkah
- 90 g hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 50 g Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Caraway seed
- Roast hazelnuts in the oven for 8 min.
- Put the hazelnuts on a kitchen towel and scrub off the skin. Chop coarsely.
- Roast sesame, coriander, cumin and caraway seeds in a pan.
- Beware that nothing burns.
- Grind the spices in the mortar and mix with nut and salt.
You can convert the base recipe at any time and add more or other nuts, chilli flakes, black sesame seeds, lemon zest, fennel seeds or paprika powder. Be creative.