(This post is also available in German/deutsch)
My love for bread started early. During our hikes and skiing, the snack was always the best. It was simple but so good; Cheese bread, soda and apple wedges I can still remember exactly the taste of it. A piece of good bread is almost unbeatable. Enjoy the recipe!
- 100 g wheat flour
- 80 ml of cool water
- 5 g of fresh baker`s yeast
- main dough:
- 600 g sieved wheat flour
- 330 ml of lukewarm water
- 15 g of salt
- 10 g of yeast
- 2 tbsp black olives chopped
- Pre-dough: Dissolve yeast in water and mix with flour. Cover with a damp cloth and leave for 1 hour at room temperature. Then go in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- Main dough: Dissolve yeast in water. Mix and knead with pre-dough, flour and salt. After 5 minutes add olives and knead briefly.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Form the dough into two very large pieces and to oval loaves. Place on a tray covered with baking paper. Put it down again and let it go for another 50 minutes. Preheat oven to 240 degrees.
- Dust the bread with some wheat flour and cut diagonally. Pour a cup of water on the bottom of the oven. Bake the breads by 240 degrees for 5 minutes, then go to 180 degrees for 40 minutes.