This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Super fudgy with lots of chocolate, nuts and ROSE WATER : chocolate hazelnut brownies. Weekend, no, a long weekend. On such days like these I love to stand still more in the kitchen to bake and to cook. The weather was so beautiful, actually we had only Sunday fantastic weather and I immediately took advantage of it and lay half the day in the sun and have read and observed the sky. I love it when the sun warms me, then I feel like a lizard, which is only active by warmth! But lizards don´t get a sunburn? Correct me if I’m wrong. And so I had to put myself in the shade.
Monday started with rain and ends with rain. So I stood the loving day in the kitchen. First I made pumpkin mylk, mhh the was super delicious! And I had a big desire for chocolate and so I made brownies.
For few days I got chocolate by PanaChocolate. OMG one of the best chocolates I have ever eaten. Among the others, there was one with rose water! Heavenly. And so I came up with the idea of adding some rose water into my brownies. The madness!! But do not worry if you dislike rose water, just leave it away or use just a drop. It is worth it!
If you try this chocolate hazelnut brownies or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Tag us @KLARASLIFEon Instagram and hashtag it #KLARASLIFE so we can see them and share with the community! Thank you!
Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 2 flax eggs = 2 Tbsp flax seeds + 5 Tbsp water
- 112 g of vegan butter melted
- 90 g of coconut blossom sugar or raw sugar
- 30 ml agave nectar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rose water
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- Prise sea salt
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 130 g of gluten-free flour mix or wheat flour
- 30 g of ground hazelnuts
- small handful Walnuts
- 1 cup vegan chocolate pieces / drops
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and cover a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax eggs in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add melted vegan butter, coconut sugar, agave syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly to combine to start dissolving the coconut sugar.
- Add flax eggs and rose water and whisk once more until combined. Then add baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder and whisk.
- Add flour and hazelnut meal and fold with a spatula until just mixed. Then add 1/2 cup chocolate drops.
- Place the dough in the prepared baking dish and smooth it out, topped with walnuts and 1/2 cup chocolate.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges appear dry and slightly fluffy and the center is no longer wet or sticky. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes.
- Cut in 8 bars.
If you like you can Pin our Pictures on Pinterest.
©klaraslife. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Klaraslife.