This post is also available in german/deutsch.
The spring is now finally turned and with it the April weather and my beloved fresh herbs and different types of lettuce. Yes, in winter I prefer stews, coleslaw and oven dishes.
So today we got a full landing on our plate. Sweet Potato Falafel with Coriander Avocado Sauce.
Sweet potatoes and rice were already at home and I got fresh herbs around the corner at my favorite shop. I love it when you come to a shop and the thick herbal bundles are close to each other. Who has no desire to access? And that’s how it happened. Now back to the kitchen.
The sweet potato falafel are super crunchy and together with the green cilantro avocado sauce it´s super delicious. If you like add your fav salad ingredients. Maybe corn, onions, feta or mushrooms.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 180 g of cooked natural rice
- 60 g of almonds
- 50 g of flour
- 1 egg or flaxseed egg
- ½ avocado
- 3 tablespoons yogurt nature or vegan
- 1 handful of cilantro + parsley
- Juice of a ½ lemon + maybe some water
- ½ clove of garlic
- Various types of lettuce
- Carrots, grated
- Herbs of your choice
- hot peppers
- Pulse the sweet potato cubes in a blender.
- Add almonds and rice and mix to a homogenous mass. Add egg / egg substitute and mix briefly.
- Put the potato mix in a large bowl, add flour and salt and mix well if the mixture is too moist add some flour.
- Fry in a large pan.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Cut salad ingredients into small pieces, arrange on a plate and drizzle with the coriander sauce.
Sprinkle with hemp hearts and sunflower seeds.