This post is also available in german/deutsch
Hello everyone, the strawberry time is in full swing and of course you can`t miss a delicious strawberry meringue cake. Or what do you mean?
Fluffy almond biscuit bottom with an intermediate layer of meringue and delicious strawberry cream. The spring is very warm this year and I love it in the evening when the earth is warmed up, to walk through the meadows and forests.
Creamy Strawberry Meringue Cake
Spread the biscuit on a baking pan lined with baking paper. This makes it easier to peel off the bottom of the baking paper later after baking and you can easily put it on your cake plate. And put the cake ring around it. (A cake ring can be found in any well-stocked supermarket or on the Internet)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Use organic Products with good quality. Or you can use egg replacement. Maybe you can use Aquafaba for the meringue.
- For the dough:
- 2 organic eggs
- 80 g butter, soft
- 100 g of flour
- 30 g of ground almonds
- 100 g of sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk (oat, almond or rice)
- For the strawberry cream:
- 2 sachets of agar agar powder
- 600 g of strawberries
- 80 g of sugar
- 200 g of whipped cream (soy, rice or coconut) cold!
- 250 g of Greek yoghurt (also vegan variant)
- Springform: 24 cm
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Separate the eggs. Mix the sugar and the butter with the hand mixer.
- Gradually stir in the yolks.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, almonds and baking powder. Mix flour mixture and milk under the butter mixture.
- Lay out the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper (Important) and place the dough in the dish.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and slowly let the rest of the sugar enter.
- Beat until the mass shines and is plump.
- Add meringue mixture to the dough and smooth.
- Bake on the bottom rail for 25 minutes. Make sure that the meringue is not too dark. Possibly. cover after 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and after 5-10 minutes loosen from the mold and let cool on a grid completely.
- For the cream:
- Wash strawberries. Puree 300 g of strawberries with the sugar.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt with the puree.
- Beat the cream very stiff.
- Edit Agar Agar according to the package instructions.
- Stir into the yoghurt mixture and allow to cool slightly before adding the cream.
- Put the bottom of the dough on a plate and put a cake ring around it. Now spread the strawberry mass on the floor and refrigerate in the fridge best overnight.
- Carefully peel off the edge of the cake and halve the remaining strawberries and place on the cake and serve.
- Bon Appetite.
Enjoy this delicious Cake recipe.