Cranberry cardamom cubes! Normally, cranberries are not my thing, at least until recently. But now I’ve rediscovered it for myself.
And I think they are great for the Christmas season and not just because of their pretty red color. No, they are also great in cookies and cakes.
If you don`t have cranberries at home or you do not like it, you can also use raisins or chopped dates.What are your favorite cookies? Do you bake the same every year?
So I always bake my 1-2 favorites (you can also find one here) and then 3-4 new ones added.
So It’s never boring.
- 100 g of coconut sugar
- 200 g vegan butter, soft
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 organic eggs
- 100 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 40 g cranberries, chopped
- 20 g almonds, chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and spices creamy with the whisk of the hand mixer or the food processor.
- Stir in the flour.
- Spread the dough in a square baking pan (23 cm) lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and almonds and bake for 20-30 minutes. Make a stick sample. If the cake is too dark, cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool and cut.
- Stored in a tin box, the cubes last about 2 weeks.
So excited about your creations! Tag me on Instagram @klaraslife so I can see your pictures.
Recipe & Images: Kathrin