This post is also available in german/deutsch.
At the weekend I baked these delicious and juicy lime coconut cake. Without banana! But with a meringue frosting from chickpea water (AQUAFABA). The stuff is just awesome. And it can also be great with the hand burner tan. And then I also conjured meringue from it. As you can see, I am thrilled.
TIP: The cake tastes great even without the frosting. Then just put a few almonds on the dough and keep an eye out for not burning the almonds.
- 200 g of flour
- 60 g of coconut flour / grater
- 1 packet of baking powder (15g)
- 50 g of coconut flakes
- 100 g of coconut blossom sugar
- 100 g vegan butter, soft
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 200 ml plant based milk
- pinch of salt
- Egg replacement: 2 tbsp sweet lupine flour + 5 tbsp cold water, mix well or 2 eggs (M)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a cake / bread mold.
- Mix flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar very creamy with the hand mixer or food processor.
- Mix the egg mixture, add the limes and the juice and change the flour mixture and stir in the milk.
- Pour the dough into the mold and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Make a stick sample.
- Cool in the mold and then carefully drop onto a grid.
- Who likes to serve the cake with a meringue. Recipe see below!
1 small tin of chickpeas, chickpeas catching water
200 g of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Beat the chickpeas water and lemon juice very stiff with the hand mixer. Mix powdered sugar and baking powder and gradually lock into the snow.
Spread on the cake and brown with the hand burner.